El Sargento/La Ventana is a small fishing village located 45 minutes south of La Paz and 2 hours north of Cabo San Lucas in Southern Baja. The area has become world famous for kite boarding and wind surfing as well as incredible fishing. Mountain biking has also become very popular in our town with rentals available and bike tours.
LA VENTANA, BAJA, MEXICO
The scene: Two hours north of Cabo San Lucas on the Sea of Cortez, La Ventana strolls at a mellow pace. No big hotels and nothing fancy here—just dedicated wind junkies, many who drive their RVs down from the U.S. or Canada.
Best season: November–April
What makes it great: Steady side-shore wind kicks up around 11:00 a.m. and blows until sunset. Mornings are dead calm, with glassy waters perfect for paddleboarding.
What to do on no-wind days: Drive 45 minutes to La Paz and go snorkeling with whale sharks.
We provide daily housekeeping included in our rates. We have Wifi and American TV with movies. Paddle boards, kayaks and snorkel gear are also included for your use. We provide fresh drinking water.
Main house upstairs and downstairs 450-
Upstairs only up to 7 adults 300-
downstairs up to 6 adultsonly 200
King front casita 175-
king casita 150-
Both casitas sleep 2 but they both have a comfortable couch and both have outdoor beds so possible to put 3 or 4
Rent whole property with up to 17 people 650- per day
All rates include daily housekeeping.
All taxes are included
Casa Vista Cerralvo located in El Sargento has 6 bedrooms total. Upstairs has 2 bedrooms each with a king bed. One also has a twin and the other a double futon couch. Full kitchen and great room with granite island with 4 stools. Dining table that seats 10. Great patio with dining for 6, lounge chairs and built in bed that everyone fights over. Can sleep 7 total . 2 bathrooms upstairs
Downstairs is totally separate with 2 bedrooms. One has a queen bed, the other a queen bed with bunk with 2 twins. 1 bathroom. Full kitchen and living room. All units have American TV with movie channels. Downstairs can sleep 6.
Completely separate buildings are the 2 King bed studio casitas for 2 adults each. Full kitchens in each and living area, both have large patios with built in lounge beds and dining tables an lounge chairs. Both have indoor and outdoor private showers.
Rent whatever you need for your group or the complete property for great family get togethers. Property is fully air conditioned.
We are happy to arrange fishing, snorkel, spearfishing and scuba trips or just enjoy a trip out to Cerralvo Island for a picnic. Boats will pick you up right on the beach in front of the house. .We have fabulous massage therapists that come to the house. Price 60- an hour. Boats run 185- a day including all fishing gear for up to 4 adults.
Please go to www.vrbo.com/195778 to read reviews
Watch for cows and speed bumps on all roads. Normally speed bumps are marked with yellow paint on the bump and a sign on the left indicating TOPE, which is the Spanish name for speed bump. Keep in mind that unfortunately not all speed bumps are marked.
· After leaving the airport, go over the overpass and circle to the right, north on Highway 1.
· Stay on Highway 1. You will pass the town of Los Barriles (45 minutes/66km) and then wind through the mountains.
· Continue on Highway 1. After km marker 155, 45 minutes or so after leaving Los Barriles, you will enter the village of San Antonio. Look for the gas station on the left and then.
· Turn RIGHT at the second ‘junction’ you’ll come to. There will be a small store called Ultramarinos El Pino on your left. If you actually pass the La Paz 40 km’ sign you’ve gone too far. There is a small sign saying ‘To Baja Joe’s’ and Club Cerralvo signs.
· Drive 19 km until the road dead-ends.
· Turn LEFT onto Highway 286 (I don’t think it’s marked)
· Drive 3 km.
· Turn RIGHT at the sign for El Sargento. There are a few small billboards at the corner advertising restaurants and hotels.
· La Ventana is about 7 km from here, with El Sargento an additional 3 km.
· Drive through La Ventana and El Sargento (the sea will be to your right).
· The paved road will end and you will come to a dirt two-lane road.
· Just past where the paved road ends (there’s also a red Tecate beer sign on your left), the road will make a quick left and then a quick right.
· After the quick turns, go 2.4 km on the dirt road. You should be travelling parallel to the sea on your right.
Our driveway is between the last electrical pole and telephone pole, turn RIGHT into the driveway. We’re the orange house down the hill on the beach. If you’ve driven into the big arroyo you’ve gone too far. Our driveway is between the last telephone and electric pole on the road.
The gate code at the top of the driveway is 0317#.
Please use the driveway to arrive and always leave by going out the front gate turn left and keep veering to the left to get back up to the road.
Drive safely and watch out for cows!