Watch for cows and speed bumps on all roads. Normally speed bumps are marked with yellow paint on the bump and a sign on the left indicating TOPE, which is the Spanish name for speed bump. Keep in mind that unfortunately not all speed bumps are marked.
· After leaving the airport, go over the overpass and circle to the right, north on Highway 1.
· Stay on Highway 1. You will pass the town of Los Barriles (45 minutes/66km) and then wind through the mountains.
· Continue on Highway 1. After km marker 155, 45 minutes or so after leaving Los Barriles, you will enter the village of San Antonio. Look for the gas station on the left and then.
· Turn RIGHT at the second ‘junction’ you’ll come to. There will be a small store called Ultramarinos El Pino on your left. If you actually pass the La Paz 40 km’ sign you’ve gone too far. There is a small sign saying ‘To Baja Joe’s’ and Club Cerralvo signs.
· Drive 19 km until the road dead-ends.
· Turn LEFT onto Highway 286 (I don’t think it’s marked)
· Drive 3 km.
· Turn RIGHT at the sign for El Sargento. There are a few small billboards at the corner advertising restaurants and hotels.
· La Ventana is about 7 km from here, with El Sargento an additional 3 km.
· Drive through La Ventana and El Sargento (the sea will be to your right).
· The paved road will end and you will come to a dirt two-lane road.
· Just past where the paved road ends (there’s also a red Tecate beer sign on your left), the road will make a quick left and then a quick right.
· After the quick turns, go 2.4 km on the dirt road. You should be travelling parallel to the sea on your right.
Our driveway is between the last electrical pole and telephone pole, turn RIGHT into the driveway. We’re the orange house down the hill on the beach. If you’ve driven into the big arroyo you’ve gone too far. Our driveway is between the last telephone and electric pole on the road.
The gate code at the top of the driveway is 0317#.
Please use the driveway to arrive and always leave by going out the front gate turn left and keep veering to the left to get back up to the road.
Drive safely and watch out for cows!
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder